Frog Victor 1/96

How much ??? This is the place to tell everybody the current value of that model
wannsee
Site Admin

Frog Victor 1/96

Unread postby wannsee » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Seen on Ebay today Frog Victor for £112.00... A guess a fair price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-FROG- ... 659wt_1192
Za naszą i waszą wolność For our freedom and yours

lancfan

Re: Frog Victor 1/96

Unread postby lancfan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:58 pm

I may be wrong but didn't Revell box these V-bomber kits in the 1980s?

David.
If it is broken then fix it but if it isn't- LEAVE IT ALONE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Member of ATF, UAMF & Revell-Ations Forums.

wannsee
Site Admin

Unread postby wannsee » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:04 pm

I don't think so but would be very interested if they did. To the best of my knowledge the moulds are "missing" You may be thinking of the ex Matchbox Victor.

Martin
Za naszą i waszą wolność For our freedom and yours

lancfan

Unread postby lancfan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 am

No I'm not thinking of the Matchbox Victor (these were somewhat smaller at 1/96 scale with a photograph of the finished model on the boxes- don't know where they came from but they were VERY simple kits and the vulcan had straight leading edges) and Matchbox were also still in business then- late 70s to early 80s. I've put feelers out on Revell-Ations, if someone still has one they may get a boxshot online for you to check out. it may turn out to be a different kit but I don't know any others at this scale.

I have discovered that the Revell V-bombers are Lindberg tools, they only did two Victor and Vulcan.
This is a link to the ATF page for the Revell 1/96 Vulcan.

http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.o ... 77&start=0

David.
If it is broken then fix it but if it isn't- LEAVE IT ALONE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Member of ATF, UAMF & Revell-Ations Forums.

viscount798d

Unread postby viscount798d » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Revell did indeed reissue the 1/96 scale Lindberg(h) Victor and Vulcan and this would have been in the late 1970s. These kits were a bit inferior to the FROG kits of the same a/c. Both were models seemingly based on the prototypes - the Victor was too short for a true B1 and the Vulcan had the straight wing leading edges. Not bad kits though for nostalgia purposes.
Previous poster remarked on the FROG 'V bombers' moulds, that old rumour about them going down on a ship en route to somewhere in the southern hemisphere also applies to these. So odd that that one still taunts us without being confirmed or not. Certainly, the V bomber kits were issued by Tri Ang of New Zealand, I have a Valiant in the rather poor box of the series along with a Meteor 8 and the original Canberra. Other mould disappearances linked to this fabled shipwreck include the DH 110, EE P1 and the DH Venom among others. :?:

GarryRussell

Unread postby GarryRussell » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Revell issued the Linburg Victor and Vulcan at the time of the Falklands war. One box art I saw of the Vulcan used a photo of a B2 and of course inside the box was a bad second prototype.

Return to “Auction sites”