A few of mine.

This is the place to show what you are working on at the moment
Frogsbod

A few of mine.

Unread postby Frogsbod » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Sometimes projects stall. Three of my Frog builds that are on the go all need little things to finish them, but the little things somtimes take the longest.

The Hunter needs serial numbers and a stand with the Hunter decal on it.
The Sabre needs the decals sorting out and possibly the red and white check added to the nose.
The Thunderjet needs red bands on the wing tanks and a nosewheel and a stand, all of which I have somewhere :roll:
The Sabre box has a mint unstarted kit inside. The Thunderjet, a part started complete kit. The Hunter box is empty. The Sabre and Thunderjet models came to me built. Both have been refinished.
The Hunter got built by accident :oops:

To give me a shove to get going on the completion of this lot, I played around with the camera and ended up with these moral boosting shots :D

ImageImage

I've also done a bit of restoration on a Frog Viscount airliner.
The decal on the base was very chipped and looked terrible.

A bit of carefull rubbing back and a hit with H41 saw things looking much better.

The seam along the spine of the model needed rubbing down. I've done that and recoated the white top of the fuselage and fin, again with H41. That soft white suits old builds much better than a harsh full white. Another coat will be neccesary, followed by a bit of flatting off and a clear coat.
The wings had a bit of droop to them. I've removed and reset them. There was a choice to be made between sanding, filling and painting the wings to remove evidence of a past break, or finishing them as best as I could and leaving them bare plastic. I went for bare plastic, it seems right for this one.
Just a couple of prop blades to sort out now and it's displayable :D

An ebay win turned up a couple of old Frog transfers sheets. One of them has enabled me to finish off this Canberra.
Bought as a built kit, in Indian AF markings. I stripped it down and painted it with rattle can silver. I had the roundels already, I needed the codes, fin flashes and ejector seat triangles. A coat of Humbrol clear varnish has sealed everything in.

The rather nice Canberra name badge was applied to a spare stand and clear coated to protect it. The model now displays well with my unbuilt original.
It looks good sat on its underarriage, but I prefer it on the classic Frog stand.

Tony.

Return to “On the bench....”