old kits

This is the place to introduce yourself
stewart hepburn

old kits

Unread postby stewart hepburn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:27 am

Hi folks,thanks for letting me join this forum.I am going to tell you all a bit about me and why i have joined this group and then judge me and if you think i should not be on it then i will come back off.I sell mainly diecast toys for a hobby (trucks,tractors etc ) and recently i got a call to see if i was interested in a barn find of plane kits and diecast and of course i said yes and a load was delivered to my house and i was told more to come in febuary.Now i went through all the kits and there is about 20 i could not find ref to as they were not on ebay so i held those kits back.I sold all the others but i still have those frog kits and others i held back so when i was trying to google them this forum came up so that is why i am on it as i would like some help to establish if they are any good or not.I beleive they are old and they have stunning pictures on the front of boxs and some have original glue that comes in glass viles with a cork stopper.With the permission of the forum i can list them if you want if you just tell me what bit i do this.many thanks stewart.

dwomby

Re: old kits

Unread postby dwomby » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 pm

I'd be intrigued to know what you have.

David
Florida, USA

stewart hepburn

Unread postby stewart hepburn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 pm

I will do but meanwhile can anyone tell me when they stopped making these kits with the glass vile with the cork stopper which contained the glue.

stevehnz

Unread postby stevehnz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 am

Can't help you on this query but I have not come across this in my modelling going back near 50 years so they must be hellishing old. I'd sure be keen to know more about them. I remember small tubes of glue & the soft rubbery things with a teat on one end which you were 'sposed to pierce with a pin
Steve.

stewart hepburn

Unread postby stewart hepburn » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:33 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (27.93 KiB) Viewed 7591 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.93 KiB) Viewed 7591 times
Here's what I am talking about.I can't seem to post picture of box cover as file to big but it is a b.o.a.c. Comet 4 jetliner

stevehnz

Unread postby stevehnz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:09 am

Definitely before my time though I do recall the Comet kit, something like 1/96 scale wasn't it or was it something else again. As to posting large image files, try something lie Irfanview, a free download to resize it perhaps or use one of the file sharing sites like photobucket to host your file, you can also resize with Pb, its also a free site for limited use, its what I use.
Steve.

Baldeagle61

Unread postby Baldeagle61 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi Stewart

Started building them in the 60s, but I've never seen anything like that. Are you sure they were actually part of the kits or obtained separately?

Return to “Welcome”