Hi

This is the place to introduce yourself
lancfan

Re: Hi

Unread postby lancfan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:59 am

The models you see on this forum were tooled many years ago, they were ahead of the game at the time and can still compete with current tools when built by a skillful modeller.
Frog were the main competition to Airfix in the UK, they introduced colour painting guides 50+ years ago and generally did not directly compete for subjects- the three Spitfires were all different to the Airfix model, one was Griffon engined and chased a V-1, the Blenheim was short-nosed and they did subjects not covered by anyone else such as the Bristol Beaufort, D.H. Sea Vixen, Avro Shackleton, Grumman OV-1 Mohawk, A.W. Whitley, TupolevSB-2, Fokker D21, M.S.406, Dewoitine D520. They modelled prototypes such as the English Electric P.1A and D.H.110 (prototype Sea Vixen) the Trailblazers series covered aicraft such as Louis bleriot's Bleriot XI, the "spirit of St. Louis", Fokker FVII3M "southern Cross" Alcock & Browns Vimy and The Gloster E28/39. When their kits did duplicate Airfix subjects they could be better than the Airfix counterparts such as the D.H.88 Comet Racer, Hawker Hurricane and the Supermarine S.6B- Revell would take over some of them after the companies demise- Rufe, Shackleton, Blenhein, Skua, Sea Vixen, Dornier 335 to name just some. Most were taken over by the Russian company Novo and are today still made by various companies in Eastern Europe, sometimes with far better decals than those offered ten years ago. The models on "restoration time" are very early and extremely rare models built up many years ago that are about to be restored to pristine condition by a collector of such things. If you have never heard of these kits and think as you do of this forum and the people here why did you join ???

David.
If it is broken then fix it but if it isn't- LEAVE IT ALONE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Member of ATF, UAMF & Revell-Ations Forums.

wannsee
Site Admin

Unread postby wannsee » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:51 am

Sorry Colin I do not think that your posts are helpful or in fact wanted on this Forum. I have blocked you from any further posts and unless any other members object I intend to remove your posts. I want this forum to be democratic but will not allow the type of postings you have made. It is very sad for me to have to take this action but I am doing it in the interests of all the members

Martin
Za naszą i waszą wolność For our freedom and yours

TimJ

Unread postby TimJ » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:04 pm

lancfan

Unread postby lancfan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Well now that we are rid of fools of all kinds we can concentrate on building the forum for everyone to come without interuption from idiots.

David.

wannsee
Site Admin

Modelmaker has been banned

Unread postby wannsee » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Gentlemen

I have removed Modelmaker and his posts. I wonder if he belongs to any other forums? Let's get on with what matters Frog :D

Martin
Za naszą i waszą wolność For our freedom and yours

lancfan

Unread postby lancfan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Martin, If he is I doubt that he will be called modelmaker.
Have sent you a pm on ATF.

David.

lancfan

Unread postby lancfan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Return to “Welcome”