Hi from the Gengriz

This is the place to introduce yourself
gengriz

Hi from the Gengriz

Unread postby gengriz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi there :D ,

Delighted to see this new site and I hope to be able to contribute!

I have loved FROG kits since I started modelling back in the early 1970s and still do - they remain something that I can never resist whenever I see one for sale, so as a result I have quite a few built and more in the stash - I will post a few piccies in the gallery soon.

So; to introduce myself, my name is FredT, I am less than a year away from 50 (aargh), married with 3 teenage kids and a cat, ex-Royal Navy Weapons Engineer (hence my Fleet Air Arm models bias), a Scot, but now living in the south of the UK. Modelling is still one of my main hobbies after 40 odd years, with my "gengriz" website now acting as a "virtual shelf" for me to view my unfeasibly large collection. I am a serial builder (normally only ever one on the go), and build quickly (I find furious modelling an excellent stress reducer). Only ever use brushes (spraying not allowed on the idning room table).

........on with the modelling!

FredT :)

essezman

Re: Hi from the Gengriz

Unread postby essezman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Fantastic finishes.

Am I right in thinking that(bar the howitzer) the armourfast is pretty much out of the box?
Ditto the JU88 and Bloodhound.

gengriz

Unread postby gengriz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi essezman - Centaur yes, but there isnt a lot to do out the box anyway! Barrel was the only change.
Airfix Ju-88 & Bloodhound are fully OOB. Funnily enough I have a set of FROG Ju-88 decals that I had intended to use, but changed my mind at the last moment because the Airfix ones looked so good.

FredT

TimJ

Unread postby TimJ » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Fred and welcome to the forum.

Great collection of models you've got there.

Return to “Welcome”