HMS Torquay...my first FROG.

This is the place to remember just how you spent your pocket money
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tim Prosser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

HMS Torquay...my first FROG.

Unread postby Tim Prosser » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:34 pm

My first FROG kit? Well, it wasn't even an aircraft, oddly enough. It was HMS Torquay (and I quickly learned how to pronounce it properly!). It was Christmas 1966 and I already had a few kits under my belt...mostly aircraft up to that point. The first kit I actually built was a P-38 in a small scale of approximately 1/100, from some obscure brand that I'd love to identify today...and which was a Christmas gift the year before. That was followed by other small scale aircraft kits by Lindberg, and this was also the time of those superb little vintage and veteran car kits that came inside Cornflakes packets. I had the whole collection of those...and boy, wouldn't I love to get my hands on those again!

Return to “My first Frog.. Memory lane”