My First Frog

This is the place to remember just how you spent your pocket money
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NigelB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My First Frog

Unread postby NigelB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

My first one was a Percival Proctor bought from the toyshop in the lower market hall in Harrogate. Would have been around 1965. My brother bought the MasterIII at the same time. We used to gaze at those esoteric kits choosing over some weeks which to spend our few bob on. I think at the time they were a bit more than similar Revell kits and about 50% more thna an Airfix series1, at the time, a high margin to come to terms with. I remember the Oxford also at the time but that was just too much brass to spend.
Later we discovered that Smarts the toyshop on Montpellier Hill, also in Harrogate (long gone now - Oxfam have the site), stocked FROG also so we haunted that shop as well, eventually over a year or two, acquiring the Boston, Mitchell, marauder and Baltimore, the latter moulded in azure blue - slinky!

I'm now in my 60s and thanks to the so called 'EvilBay' I have managed to buy those same kits again and cherish them in their boxes hoping that my long lost brother turns up one day (not seen him for over 40 years - it's a long sad story unfortunately) so that we can relive happier times once again.
Nigel B

wannsee
Site Admin

Re: My First Frog

Unread postby wannsee » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:09 am

Thanks Nigel.
Za naszą i waszą wolność For our freedom and yours

Return to “My first Frog.. Memory lane”