I need help...

This is the place to remember just how you spent your pocket money
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johnd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I need help...

Unread postby johnd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:48 am

Good question, maybe someone here could help with that?

I went on holiday to the Isle of Man with my parents in the late '60s when I was 8 or 9. There was a site shop there that had Frog kits, the first time I'd seen anything that wasn't Airfix. I was pretty excited with this discovery and bought my first one. Memory tells me that it was an Italian single seat fighter with an in-line engine. The artwork depicted the aircraft in a pale brown colour with green blotches. I do have a slight doubt about the in-line engine but am 90% sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John.

johnd

Re: I need help...

Unread postby johnd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Cracked it, saw a picture of one in the gallery...

Macchi C.202 Folgore

I fancy doing another one now...

dogsbody

Unread postby dogsbody » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:45 am

There's one being built on BritModeller right now.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... p/?hl=frog

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

johnd

Unread postby johnd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:06 pm

and a sexy beast it is too. I'm doubly determined to build another one now!

stevehnz

Unread postby stevehnz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks for the link to that build Chris, not one I'd seen so they're out there for sure, having seen that I might have to try for one & pass on one of the Italeri ones.
Steve.

Return to “My first Frog.. Memory lane”