Novo toys Ltd, UK. kit list

This is the place to start a new topic
N113 fan

Novo toys Ltd, UK. kit list

Unread postby N113 fan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:33 am

Attachments
Novo_meteor_4_02.jpg
Novo_meteor_4_02.jpg (14.08 KiB) Viewed 8596 times
Last edited by N113 fan on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
(Frank Spencer, repeating) There are old pilots and bold pilots

(Frank, confused) There are no old bald pilots

(Flight instructor, annoyed) No Mr Spencer no old Bold pilots !!

(quote : Frank Spencer, Xmas special, TV show Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em)

N113 fan

Re: Novo toys Ltd, UK. kit list

Unread postby N113 fan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 pm

The magazine Plastic Aircraft Models International or PAM News for January 1980 has a interesting letter from Mr Bruce J Crips the then managing director of Novo toys Ltd, Peterborough to the Editor of the magazine Mr Ron Firth. This letter is printed on page 1020 and details the then state of affairs of the company.

The letter reads as follows:

Dear Mr Firth

As you are aware that Novo Toys Ltd was formed in 1975 by our parent company Dunbee-Combex-Marx to administer the group's ten year trading agreement. We sell moulds for the production of toys etc, to the Soviet Union and they pay us by means of barter in the form of goods produced from these moulds which they have purchased from us.

Included in the moulds sold to the Soviet Union have been the moulds from the Frog range of construction kits previously manufactured by our sister company in Kent, and we have contracted to take considerable quantities of these items from the Soviet Union. The packaging, instructions leaflets and decals are produced for each item are produced in the United Kingdom and supplied in bulk to the Soviet Union where the production is packaged and sent back here.

To date and until such times as our trading relationship with the Soviet Union is stabilised. We have distributed these kits by Wholesale in the UK and abroad. It is with pleasure that we can inform you that progress with the Soviets has been made and to the extent that from the 1st of January 1980 our range including the construction kits previously produced by Frog will be distributed directly to the retail trade. This has always been our intention as we believe that the product deserves the widest possible distribution and we feel that your readers will be pleased to learn of this new development.

Enclosed herewith is a copy of our new 1980 trade catalogue for your reference. In it you will see illustrated the range of kits which will be available during 1980 some thirty are already in stock.

We will be exhibiting in the 1980 Earls court and Nuremberg Toy Fairs.

Bruce J Crips, Managing Director
Novo toys Ltd, Peterborough. 1980

This company today is no longer trading.

NOVOkits

Unread postby NOVOkits » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 am

Mirage and Jaguar was not available in UK? this strange. This Frog kits was repop in NOVO box

N113 fan

Unread postby N113 fan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi NOVOkits

I have not found any Mirage or Jaguars with Novo blue box for sale in the UK so far, but I have information that some test boxes were sent to the USSR from England (but I do not know for what kits). If you have Novo blue box kits they have never been shipped back to the Novo factory in England for sale by Novo Toys Ltd (England) in the year 1980, I do not know why.

However if you have a Mirage or Jaguar kit in a blue box can you post a photograph for our information.

On checking the Lines and Helstrom book it is stated that when Novo Toys England closed down a large amount of boxes and paper work was sent to Novoexport in the USSR. The Mirage and Jaguar are stated as being part of the third and last contract with Novoexport and the listed model kits were never sent to England for sale. This does not mean that the kits did not exist in blue boxes, but it means they never reached Novo in England for sale. Unless someone can tell me different. The expected date for the Mirage to be put on sale was to be Spring 1980 and the Jaguar was stated it was on sale in 1979, I cannot confirm if the dates are acurate but I will try and check them out.

manufacturer:- NFZP Sepecat Jaguar Header card and polybag text in Russian.

manufacturer:- DFI Dassault Mirage Polybag issue ( I have one in my collection )

James

aladim

Unread postby aladim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:13 am

(F400) Dassault Mirage III E_O

(F402) SEPECAT Jaguar A.2_T.2
Attachments
Jaguar1a.jpg
Jaguar1a.jpg (97.7 KiB) Viewed 6995 times
0033aeea71b5fb71c1059db957a6b7a2c6f3d7d91.jpg
0033aeea71b5fb71c1059db957a6b7a2c6f3d7d91.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 6995 times
0033aee9e8e5b23abe80ce0b5210e887c6b8b6a7.jpg
0033aee9e8e5b23abe80ce0b5210e887c6b8b6a7.jpg (81.49 KiB) Viewed 6995 times