A further selection of photos from my collection starting with Frog’s E-Type Jaguar F600 first released in 1964. This model was motorised and had several other features including an opening bonnet and chrome plated parts. I have also shown the “Donetsk Toy Factory” version and instructions in Russian. The quality of the plastic and transparencies are good, also all the motorising parts are included, except that my example was lacking a motor.

A Frog/Triang version of the E-Type

A Frog/Triang version of the E-Type

Inside the box. E Type

A look inside the box

These are the original Frog instructions together with the Russian version issued by Donetsk Toy Factory

The Donetsk Toy Factory's release of the E-Type.

The Donetsk Toy Factory’s release of the E-Type.

The Frog Instruction sheet for the E-Type

The Frog Instruction sheet for the E-Type

The Donetsk Toy Factory Instructions in Russian

The Donetsk Toy Factory Instructions in Russian

Frog also produced Model Aeroplane Motors an example of the 150 of which I have in my collection is illustrated below.

The Frog 150 Flying model Engine

The Frog 150 Flying model Engine

Just before Frog’s moulds were shipped to the USSR, Remus (A UK company based in Slough) leased several moulds from Novo and released them on the UK market. The illustration below is of the Hurricane.

Remus Hurricane

Remus Hurricane

Lanc

The iconic Lancaster

The Mighty Vulcan F354 was first released in 1958 the example illustrated is a 1965 issue that shared a box with the Valiant marketed as ‘The V Bomber’. A label on the box end showed the content.. Note the advert for a “Free” Knife” in the box . I also have an example of the Valiant in my collection that one day will be restored.

The Vulcan F354

The Vulcan F354

A look inside the box

A look inside the box

Vickers Valiant

Awaiting restoration and a re-paint The Vickers Valiant from the V Bomber series, following a lot of discussion, this model it is going stay “As Found” as an example of how the younger Frog modellers made them !

FW 190

An example of one of my FW 190’s The FW 190 is one of the two best selling Frog kits of all time, the other being the early Spitfire. It also holds the record for the most different packaging styles of any Frog Kit. The original mould was cleaned up by AMT in 1968

Bristol Blenheim

My F190 Blenheim from 1969 in Finnish Airforce colours. As with the FW 190 the tail wheels have got lost !

Mitchell

F159 Mitchell in a rather tatty but interesting box

Mitchell 1

Instructions and contents of the Mitchell

IMG_3085

In an attempt to make models more attractive to younger models Frog released the Fly-Hi handle (F21) in 1971 the idea being that you could “Fly your model” It was only on sale in 1971. Far better was the Spin-a-Prop

IMG_3086

Rear of F21 Hi Fi handle

IMG_3102

The transparencies from a test shot in my collection of F418 The He 115 . This was later passed to Revell UK but never issued by Frog

162094-12155

An Early boxing of the DH Venom in my collection

IMG_3079

A Westland Wapiti converted from the Frog Wallace F167 in my collection. The model depicts a Wapiti IIA K1291 ‘F’ of Number 27 Squadron RAF Kohat India in 1936. It just goes to show what can be done with the old Frogs I just noticed that the top wing has become detached during the photo shoot…

Frog Model Aircraft 1932 to 1976 The complete history of the flying aircraft and plastic kits by Richard Lines and Leif Hellstrom. This book is the definitive history of Frog.

My very thumbed copy of Frog Model Aircraft 1932 to 1976 Note all the markers. Without this wonderful book this site would not exist

My well thumbed copy of Frog Model Aircraft 1932 to 1976 Note all the markers.
Without this wonderful book this site would not exist

Published by New Cavendish books in 1989. If you have any interest in Frog you need this book. This web site has relied heavily on it and I cannot recommend it enough. Sadly out of print copies do appear on Amazon & Ebay from time to time. The Frog story is not finished and the history of Frog in the USSR can now be told. I have now commenced writing Merton to Moscow The history of Frog spawn, although real life gets in the way I am making steady progress

Updated April 2021  © Frog Model Aircraft Medyka