Hawker Sea Fury F.B.11

This is the place to showcase your models....
ejboyd5

Hawker Sea Fury F.B.11

Unread postby ejboyd5 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 pm

I've searched this site and am surprised not to see any mention of what was one of Frog's better efforts, the Hawker Sea Fury F.B. 11. My example was made OOB and according to the box instructions represents VR943, coded as 232 O, serving with 802 Squadron while aboard H.M.S. Ocean. This information agrees with Profile Publications Number 126 which appears to be the basis for the kit decals and further identifies this aircraft as the one flown by Lt. Carmichael when downing a MiG-15 in August, 1952. A second source, Warpaint Number 16, shows VR943, coded as 105 R, serving with 801 Squadron aboard H.M.S. Glory in 1951. However, according to what we must consider to be the bible in this area, Fleet Air Arm Fixed- Wing Aircraft Since 1946, VR943 led a rather mundane life marred by a series of minor prangs and repairs, with no service aboard either Ocean or Glory ever being mentioned. Notwithstanding the conflicting data, Frog's Sea Fury is a fine one that serves as a basis for as little or as much work as one wishes to invest.

stevehnz

Re: Hawker Sea Fury F.B.11

Unread postby stevehnz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 am

This really takes me back a bit, one of my first models painted in Humbrol Authentics. Yours is MUCH nicer than mine though. :lol:
Steve.

Return to “My Models”